SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION
(Conditional sentences)
1. We don’t visit you very often because you live so far away.
- If __________________________________________________ ___________________________.
2. He doesn’t speak very clearly – that’s why people don’t understand him.
- If __________________________________________________ ___________________________.
3. David is tired, so he can’t score any goal.
4. That book is too expensive, so I’m not going to buy it.
5. We don’t go out very often because we can’t afford it.
6. It’s raining, so we can’t have lunch in the garden.
7. I have to work tomorrow morning, so I can’t meet you.
8. I wasn’t hungry, so I didn’t eat anything.
9. The accident happened because the driver in front stopped so suddenly.
10. I didn’t know that George had to get up early, so I didn’t wake him up.
11. The orphans were ill treated and half starved; therefore they were very unhappy.
12. I was able to buy a car only because Jim lent me the money.
13. Margaret wasn’t injured in the crash because she was wearing a seat bell.
14. You didn’t have any breakfast – that’s why you’re hungry now.
15. I didn’t get a taxi because I haven’t got any money on me.
16. Do these exercises carefully or you’ll get bad marks.
- Unless __________________________________________________ _______________________.
17. Write your paper more carefully or the teacher can’t read it.
18. Behave yourself or everyone will dislike you.
- Unless __________________________________________________ _______________________.
19. I won’t help you if you don’t try your best.
20. We’ll come to the meeting if we aren’t busy.
21. Unless we have time, we won’t attend the party.
22. If she doesn’t come on time, we’ll go without her.